October 16, 2017
Become a Member of the CAC
Application deadline: Nov 27, 2017
Do you care about the lakes, creeks, wetlands, and ponds in your community? Do you wonder how you might help to protect and restore them? Become a volunteer on the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) at the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District (RPBCWD) and make a difference through sharing your community insights and ideas.
As a member of the CAC, your role will be to advise the RPBCWD Board of Managers as a representative of citizen interests. This includes:
- informing the board about issues of concern from the public
- providing guidance and assistance for volunteer activities
- learning about water resource issues and management in the district
- reviewing and commenting on reports, minutes, activities and projects
- advising and assisting in decision-making
This is a volunteer position, that is appointed by the RPBCWD board, and supports it in its mission to protect, manage, and restore water resources.
CAC members must live within the district. If you are interested in applying, but unsure if you are located within the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District or if you would like further information, contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-607-6481. New members will begin their service at an orientation meeting in January 2017.