The Lake Riley Subwatershed is a 2.78-square-mile subsection of the Riley Creek Subwatershed (a subsection of the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District) that drains to Lake Riley, which ultimately drains to Riley Creek.
|Average depth||23 ft|
|Max depth||49 ft|
|Watershed size||1,776 acres|
|Land draining directly into||818 acres|
|MPCA lake classification||Deep|
|Impairment listing||Mercury & Nutrients|
|Common fish||Bluegill, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch, Yellow Bullhead|
|Invasive species||Curlyleaf Pondweed, Eurasion Watermilfoil, Common Carp, Zebra Mussels|
- DNR Lakefinder - Get information on water levels, fish stocking, and water clarity.
- MPCA Surface Water Data - Find historical lake and stream water quality data.
- Metropolitan Council - View and download information on lakes, rivers, streams, rain gauges and for the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Aquatic Plant Community of Lakes Lucy, Mitchell, Susan, Riley and Staring within the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed: Final Report for 2015-2017
- Development and Implementation of a sustainable strategy to control common carp in Riley Creek chain of lakes (2015)
- Rice Marsh Lake and Lake Riley Use Attainability Analysis (UAA) Update (2016)
- Curlyleaf pondweed in Lake Riley (2018)
- Lake Riley outlet improvements and Riley Creek lower valley stabilization feasibility study (2007)