The Mitchell Lake Subwatershed is a 1.53-square-mile subsection of the Purgatory Creek Subwatershed (a subsection of the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District) that drains to Mitchell Lake, which ultimately drains to Purgatory Creek.
|Average depth||5.3 ft|
|Max depth||19 ft|
|Watershed size||937 acres|
|Impervious surface||30% of watershed|
|MPCA lake classification||Shallow lake|
|Common fish||Bluegill, Black Bullhead, Black Crappie, Northern Pike, Pumpkinseed|
|Invasive species||Curlyleaf Pondweed, Eurasian Watermilfoil, Purple Loosestrife|
- DNR Lakefinder - Get information on water levels, fish stocking, and water clarity.
- MPCA Surface Water Data - Find historical lake and stream water quality data.
- Metropolitan Council - View and download information on lakes, rivers, streams, rain gauges and for the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Aquatic Plant Community of Lakes Lucy, Mitchell, Susan, Riley and Staring within the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed: Final Report for 2015-2017
- Curlyleaf pondweed in Mitchell Lake (2018)
- Historical water quality and ecological change of three lakes in the RPBCWD (2011)
- Purgatory Creek Watershed Use Attainability Analysis (UAA; 2017)