Rice Marsh Lake
The Rice Marsh Lake Subwatershed is a 3.46-square-mile subsection of the Riley Creek Subwatershed (a subsection of the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District) that drains to Rice Marsh Lake, which ultimately drains to Riley Creek.
|Average depth||5 ft|
|Max depth||11 ft|
|Watershed size||966 acres|
|Land draining directly into||280 acres|
|MPCA lake classification||Shallow|
|Impairment listing||Not listed|
|Common fish||Bluegill, White Sucker, Northern Pike|
|Invasive species||Curlyleaf Pondweed, Purple Loosestrife, Common Carp|
- DNR Lakefinder - Get information on water levels, fish stocking, and water clarity.
- MPCA Surface Water Data - Find historical lake and stream water quality data.
- Metropolitan Council - View and download information on lakes, rivers, streams, rain gauges and for the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Development and Implementation of a sustainable strategy to control common carp in Riley Creek chain of lakes (2015)
- Rice Marsh Lake and Lake Riley Use Attainability Analysis (UAA) Update (2016)
- Aquatic plant survey in Rice Marsh Lake (2017)
- Aquatic plant point-intercept surveys for Rice Marsh Lake (2014)
- Historical water quality and ecological change in Rice Marsh Lake (2014)