The Duck Lake Subwatershed is a 0.36-square-mile subsection of the Purgatory Creek Subwatershed (a subsection of the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District) that drains to Duck Lake, which ultimately drains to Purgatory Creek.
|Average depth||7 ft|
|Max depth||16 ft|
|Watershed size||10,158 acres|
|Impervious surface||21% of watershed|
|MPCA lake classification||Shallow lake|
|Impairment listing||Mercury & Nutrients|
|Common fish||Bluegill, Black Crappie, Black Bullhead|
|Invasive species||Curlyleaf Pondweed, Eurasion Watermilfoil, Common Carp, Brittle Naiad|
- DNR Lakefinder - Get information on water levels, fish stocking, and water clarity.
- MPCA Surface Water Data - Find historical lake and stream water quality data.
- Metropolitan Council - View and download information on lakes, rivers, streams, rain gauges and for the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Aquatic Plant Community of Lakes Lucy, Mitchell, Susan, Riley and Staring within the Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed: Final Report for 2015-2017
- Development and implementation of a sustainable strategy to contorl common carp in the Purgatory Creek Chain of Lakes
- Staring Lake: EWM Early Detection & Rapid Response (2015)